NGN Student Beta Testing FAQs
What is the purpose of the Student Beta Testing of NGN?
The purpose of the Student Beta Testing of NGN is to pilot the functionality of the updated exam software and new item types in a live testing environment.
When will registration for Student Beta Testing of the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) open? When will registration end?
Registration is open from August 8 to August 22, 2022.
How do I qualify to participate? Could faculty participate in NGN Student Beta Testing?
- Students must be enrolled in good standing in an approved RN/PN program in the U.S. or Canada
- Students are in the process of completing the last year of an approved RN/PN program and will be eligible to take their first NCLEX® exam after March 31, 2023.
- This opportunity is for student who are eligible to take the NCLEX after March 31, 2023, not before.
- Students must be available to participate in the Student Beta Testing of NGN between September 6 – September 30, 2022
Where will I take the exam?
Qualified students will take the Student Beta Testing at Pearson VUE Test Centers located in the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada
Is there a charge to participate in the NGN Student Beta Testing?
There is no charge for taking the Student Beta Testing – this program is free of charge
What can participants expect to experience during the NGN Student Beta Testing?
The NGN Student Beta Testing exam will provide an experience that resembles the NGN scheduled for release in April 2023 including a review of the new item types.
Will I receive a test score?
The NGN Student Beta Testing exam will not provide an exam score. Beta testing results will not be used for NCLEX pass/fail decisions.
Will I still have to take the actual NCLEX?
NGN Student Beta Testing participants will need to take and pass the actual NCLEX to become licensed in their desired jurisdiction.
Is participation in the Student Beta Testing unlimited?
The program has a limited capacity. Participation is limited and approval is based on a first come first serve basis.
How much time will I have to take the exam?
Participants will be allotted five hours to complete the exam.
What are the instructions to register to participate?
REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE
If you meet the qualifications listed above, follow the below steps to register.
- To register, go to the Registration Portal or type the below address in your web browser: https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/profile/create/SignUp/NCLEXTESTING
- Complete Information Sections
- Select “I am seeking to participate in the Student Beta Testing of Next Generation NCLEX”
- Choose the exam you would like to participate in: NCSBN-PN or NCSBN-RN
- Program Code for this event is US14900100
- Nursing Regulatory Body for this event is NCSBN BON
- Review registration and submit.
- You will receive a Registration Acknowledgement
- If you are approved to participate, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) from NCSBN within four weeks of receipt of the Registration Acknowledgement email.
- If you are not approved to participate, you will receive a letter of notification.
What is the registration URL?
I am being asked for a program code. What is it?
What is the Nursing Regulatory Body?
How will I know I completed the registration steps correctly?
You will receive a Registration Acknowledgement email.
Does registration to participate guarantee participation in the NGN Student Beta Testing?
Registration does not guarantee participation. Participation is on a first come first served basis.
How will I know I’m approved to participate?
You will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) from NCSBN within four weeks of the receipt of the Registration Acknowledgement email.
How will I know I am not approved to participate?
If you are not approved to participate, you will receive a letter of notification within four weeks of the receipt of the Registration Acknowledgement.
What if I have more questions, who do I speak to?
Email for additional questions at email@example.com.
I received my Authorization to Test (ATT) and I’m now ready to schedule my exam. Why can’t I register before September 6th or after September 30th?
The Student Beta Testing of NGN exam window is September 6 – September 30, 2022.
I registered, received an ATT, and scheduled my exam. Now I can’t make it on the day that I scheduled. What should I do?
IMPORTANT: Registrations cannot be unscheduled or rescheduled. If you will not be able to attend your appointment, please contact NCSBN at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
Are there any resources I can access?
You can visit Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) for more resources.