Nursys for Members
What is Nursys?
Nursys (nursys.org) was implemented in 1999 and is a comprehensive electronic information system that includes collecting and storing a nurse's personal information, licensing information, disciplinary information and license verifications.
What does Nursys help members do?
- Verify applicant's licensure details
- Enter and review disciplinary actions
- Identify licenses
- Enhance communication between members
- Retrieve discipline and various other reports
What data is in Nursys?
- Personal Information - nurse's identity and specified residential/mailing addresses
- License Description Information - details about an individual's nursing license
- Education Information - details about an individual's education
- Disciplinary Action Information - details about disciplinary actions taken against/reported for a license
- Verifications - details about the tracking of the receipt of verification requests
- Historical Information - details such as: name, address, discipline and licenses
What are the different ways a member can participate?
- Full Participation (view current list) - contribution of both licensure and discipline data to Nursys
- Discipline Participation - contribution of only discipline data to Nursys
- Nonparticipation - no contribution of data to Nursys
View current participation statistics (as of 12/28/2021)
Benefits for Members that agree to full participation of full licensure and discipline data participation in Nursys receive valuable license and discipline based reports, including:
- Discipline covering all jurisdictions in Nursys
- Social Security Master Death Index comparison
- Sex Offenders Registry comparison
- and many more...
What services are available for the public?
Inclusion in Nursys services publicly available via (nursys.com):
- Licensure QuickConfirm - a free service that allows employers and recruiters to retrieve necessary licensure and discipline documentation in one convenient location.
- Nurse License Verification - a service that enables nurses to verify their license(s) from a Nursys licensure participating board of nursing when applying for endorsement into another state (fees apply.)
- e-Notify for Institutions - a free of charge innovative nurse licensure notification system where users receive real-time notifications about nurses employed at their institutions. The system provides licensure and publicly available discipline data directly to users as the information is entered into the Nursys database.
- e-Notify for Nurses - provides nurses with notifications of license status, license expiration, license renewal or publicly available disciplinary actions.