Exam Volunteer Opportunities
Each year, hundreds of nurse educators, clinicians and managers who work with entry-level nurses contribute to the development of NCSBN licensure examinations including NCLEX-RN, NCLEX-PN and REx-PN.
NCLEX and REx-PN Volunteer Options
- Item Writing - Item writers create the items that are used for exams
- Item Review - Item reviewers examine the items that are created by item writers
- Panel of Judges - The panel of judges completes standard setting exercises to recommend potential passing standards on licensure exams
Sessions are held throughout the year and typically last 3-4 days.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn continuing education contact hours (U.S. volunteers only)
- Contribute to continued excellence in the nursing profession
- Network on an international level
- Build new skills that are useful at work as well as for professional growth
Apply Online to Participate
Reminder: LPN/VN/RPNs who plan to take the NCLEX-RN within two years of service with NCSBN do not qualify for participation.
NCLEX Volunteer Resources
Item Development Brochure- The NCLEX Depends On You!
NCSBN depends on nurses to assist in the NCLEX item development process.
An updated Item Development Brochure will be posted soon to include NCLEX and REx-PN information.