The application window for the 2023 summer internship has closed. Please come back in December 2023 for future opportunities, updates, and application information.
NCSBN is pleased to offer a summer internship program for advanced doctoral students in educational measurement or a related field. The program lasts for eight weeks and runs during the summer semester. The intern will work with testing professionals to learn how the NCLEX exams are developed and administered, gain knowledge on the dynamics of a CAT (Computerized Adaptive Testing) exam, and discuss current measurement topics.
The goal of the internship program is to provide:
- Practical experience and a general understanding of the psychometric work related to producing and delivering operational examinations.
- Experience spanning multiple test development groups for a broad understanding of the overall test development process.
- The opportunity to work on research projects related to ongoing operational examinations and/or begin new projects related to specific candidate interests. Here are a few of the areas of expertise that research topics could be developed:
- Polytomous item scoring and analyses
- Test security
- Technology-enhanced items
- CAT Test Design
- Standard setting for innovative items
- Data exploration and visualization
The intern will work in the NCSBN offices in downtown Chicago, IL. The intern will be required to conduct research under the guidance of the NCSBN psychometric staff.