MACE Volunteer Opportunities
MACE Test Development
Development of the MACE certification examination requires voluntary participation of nurse educators, supervisors and managers who work with or teach certified entry-level nurse aides/nursing assistants and certified medication aides.
Volunteers are selected for multiple types of meetings including:
- Job Analysis - Participants determine the currency and accuracy of medication aide job task and knowledge statements for use in a job analysis survey
- Item Writing and Review - Item writers create the items that are used for the MACE examination and review existing exam items
- Standard Setting - Participants recommend potential MACE passing standards to the NCSBN Examinations Department
Benefits of Participation:
- Earn continuing education credits
- Contribute to continued excellence in the nursing profession
- Have an opportunity to network on a national level
- Build new skills that are useful at work as well as for professional growth
Have experience working with certified medication aides/assistants? Volunteer to participate in the test development program for MACE.