Created by a Delegate Assembly resolution in 2007, the NCSBN Associate Membership category is designed to provide a forum by which nursing regulatory bodies from around the globe can join NCSBN in a dialogue regarding issues of common concern, as well as share information and knowledge in a multicultural exchange of thoughts and ideas.
To become an NCSBN Associate Member, an organization must be:
- A nursing regulatory body or empowered regulatory authority that is in whole or in part empowered by government to license and regulate nursing practice in the jurisdiction
- Approved for membership by the NCSBN Delegate Assembly
Benefits of becoming an Associate Member of NCSBN include but are not limited to:
- Access to comprehensive “Members Only” website
- Access to a multitude of online course offerings
- Access to certain areas of the Nursys system containing nurse license and license discipline information provided by boards of nursing
- Access to NCSBN publications such as white papers, newsletters and brochures
- Networking conference calls for Executive Officers and Presidents
- Education, discipline, practice and policy knowledge network conference calls
Although associate members have a nonvoting voice at Delegate Assembly, these members shall be eligible to serve, if appointed, on NCSBN committees (except the NCLEX Examinations Committee and the Finance Committee) with full voting rights as committee members.
Organizations interested in becoming an associate member of NCSBN must first submit a completed application to the NCSBN Member Relations department for consideration. Applications are considered by the NCSBN Delegate Assembly each year at its Annual Meeting. Upon approval, associate members are required to execute a member agreement as well as pay an annual membership fee. Payment of annual dues is required in order to maintain membership in NCSBN.
Current Associate Members include:
- Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses
- Bermuda Nursing and Midwifery Council
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Prince Edward Island
- College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba General
- Council of Official Associations of Nursing of Spain
- Kazakhstan - National Center for Independent Examination (NCIE), Republican Center for Health Development
- Nova Scotia College of Nursing
- Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Nursing and Midwifery Council of New South Wales
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec
- Puerto Rico Board of Nurse Examiners
- Registered Nurses Association of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Singapore Nursing Board
- Yukon Registered Nurses Association
For questions or additional information please submit an inquiry to the NCSBN Member Relations department.
Only members of NCSBN are granted access to private pages on www.ncsbn.org.