NCSBN Award Ceremony to Honor Outstanding Nurse Regulators
CHICAGO –– NCSBN will recognize its dedicated and exceptional membership and guests at its annual awards ceremony during the NCSBN Annual Meeting and Delegate Assembly, held in Chicago, Aug. 16-18, 2023.
Specific award recipients include:
Paula R. Meyer, MSN, RN, FRE, executive director, Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission, will receive the Meritorious Service Award, which is granted to a member for significant contributions to the mission and vision of NCSBN.
Suzanne Hunt, board staff, Tennessee Board of Nursing, will receive the Exceptional Contribution Award, which is given for significant contribution by a member who is not a president or executive officer and has demonstrated support of NCSBN’s mission.
The Kansas State Board of Nursing will be awarded the Regulatory Achievement Award that recognizes the member board or associate member that has made an identifiable, significant contribution to the mission and vision of NCSBN in promoting public policy related to the safe and effective practice of nursing in the interest of public welfare.
In addition, service awards will be given to the following executive officers of nursing regulatory bodies (NRBs):
- Beverly Balaski, MN, RN, executive director, Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan
- Dana Dalton, MSN, RN, CMBI, supervising nurse consultant, Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing
- Missy Poortenga, MHA, RN, executive director, Montana Board of Nursing
- Elaine Yamaguchi, executive officer, California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Pamela C. Zickafoose, EdD, MSN, RN, NE-BC, CNE, FRE, executive director, Delaware Board of Nursing
- Jennifer Brenton, RN, LPN, executive director, College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba
- Karen C. Lyon, PhD, RN, ACNS, NEA, executive director, Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- Lynsay Rae Nair, LPN, executive director, Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Lynn Power, MN, RN, executive director, College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Kathleen Weinberg, MSN, RN, executive director, Iowa Board of Nursing
- Paula R. Meyer, MSN, RN, FRE, executive director, Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission
2023 Centennial Award
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- New Mexico Board of Nursing
Empowering and supporting nursing regulators across the world in their mandate to protect the public, NCSBN is an independent, not-for-profit organization. As a global leader in regulatory excellence, NCSBN champions regulatory solutions to borderless health care delivery, agile regulatory systems and nurses practicing to the full scope of their education, experience and expertise. A world leader in test development and administration, NCSBN’s NCLEX Exams are internationally recognized as the preeminent nursing examinations.
NCSBN’s membership is comprised of the nursing regulatory bodies (NRBs) in the 50 states, the District of Columbia and four U.S. territories. There are five exam user members and 25 associate members that are either NRBs or empowered regulatory authorities from other countries or territories.
The statements and opinions expressed are those of NCSBN and not individual members.